Read Music FAST!
Go beyond The Landmark System and read music FAST with Intervallic Speed Reading
Beyond The Landmark System...
In 2017, I created The Note Reading Boot Camp, a course that taught and drilled The Landmark System of note reading.
This 3 hour course has helped 1000's of students become better note readers.
And my YouTube video "How to Read Notes Fast - The Landmark System" now has over 7 million views.
Many music teachers have shared it with their students!
What people don't know is "The Landmark System" is only the 1st part of reading music. Recognizing notes quickly.
After being able to recognize notes quickly, you can then use "Intervallic Speed Reading" to read music quickly.
This is where instead of reading individual notes, you read the distances between notes...
Reading music like a picture.
You can read the 1st note using The Landmark System and figure out it's Treble G. Then figure out the next note by realizing it's 5 notes above.
There is special training that gets you to read the distances quickly.
After 14 months of planning, recording, and editing in the studio, I'm happy to announce my new course...
Read Music FAST!
This 8+ hour course is the sequel to The Note Reading Boot Camp 2.0.
What you’ll learn…
- Learn the different types of intervals (2nds, 3rds, 4ths, 5ths, 6ths, 7ths, 8ths)
- Read music quickly using intervals and recognizing patterns
- Read and internalize rhythms - beginner, intermediate and advanced
- Understand the full lexicon of musical symbols and terms (e.g., Crescendo, Accents, etc.)
- Learn the 12 Key Signatures for Major and Minor Keys
- Instantly know what key a piece is in by the Key Signature
- Workout any Major and minor scale
- How to use Music Theory to read music even quicker
StartWhat are intervals? (4:48)
StartHow do intervals help you read? (4:58)
StartVisualizing intervals on the keyboard (3:05)
StartMelodic Intervals Keyboard Challenge (5:26)
StartHarmonic Intervals Keyboard Challenge (3:37)
StartOdd vs. Even Intervals (4:09)
StartIntervals Worksheet (0:48)
StartIntervals Flashcard Test (3:09)
Start1st Way to Train Intervallic Reading (4:24)
Start2nd Way to Train Intervallic Reading (3:02)
Start3rd Way to Train Intervallic Reading (5:59)
- The 8+ hour Read Music FAST! course
- The Read Music FAST! Song Book (pdf) written by 3 award winning composers
- Active Q&A section - get your questions answered as you progress through the course
- Bonus #1 - Harmonic Pattern Recognition Course
- Bonus #2 - The Two Hand Song Book Chapters
Hi I'm Rob!
A full-time musician and teacher in New York City and Los Angeles. I'm passionate about music and education.
I'm a former music instructor with a Fender Grant winning non-profit. I've also taught privately. My students have ranged from signed recording artists / songwriters to everyday music lovers. And I've taught those as young as 3rd grade to as young as 83 years old.
I'm also a best selling online instructor with 60,000+ students in 180+ countries. I've been designing online music courses since 2015, and many of my courses have been featured and designated as "Top Courses".
I love teaching and am excited to help you reach your musical goals.
Here's to your journey!